Winter Weather Advisory Issued For Our Area
The NWS has now issued a Winter Weather Advisory for our area from 7 PM Friday night until 10 am on Saturday. It does include part of the metro, so let me get right to it.
Here is the text from the Louisville office including the southern half of the advisory.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LOUISVILLE HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM EST /6 PM CST/ FRIDAY TO 10 AM EST /9 AM CST/ SATURDAY.
* TIMING: SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP FRIDAY EVENING AND GRADUALLY SPREAD EASTWARD ACROSS ALL OF SOUTHERN INDIANA LATER ON FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY MORNING. THE SNOW IS EXPECTED TO CHANGE TO A MIX OF RAIN AND SNOW BY MID-MORNING SATURDAY.
* MAIN IMPACT: 1 TO 3 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED TO FALL WITH THIS SYSTEM IN AREAS ALONG AND NORTH OF THE I-64 CORRIDOR. THE HIGHEST SNOWFALL TOTALS LOOK TO BE ALONG AND NORTH OF A LINE FROM JASPER TO MADISON.
For our northern counties including Seymour, Bedford, and North Vernon, IN, here is the statement from the NWS in Indianapolis.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN INDIANAPOLIS HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM FRIDAY TO NOON EST SATURDAY.
* MAIN IMPACT: 3 TO 5 INCHES OF SNOW WILL RESULT IN ROADS BECOMING SLIPPERY...BLOWING SNOW MAY REDUCE VISIBILITY...TRAVEL MAY BECOME DIFFICULT.
* ACCUMULATIONS: 3 TO 5 INCHES. HEAVIEST AMOUNTS ARE EXPECTED ACROSS NORTHERN PARTS OF CENTRAL INDIANA...WHILE LESSER AMOUNTS WILL BE EXPECTED ACROSS SOUTHERN PARTS OF CENTRAL INDIANA.
* TIMING: SNOW WILL BEGIN ON FRIDAY EVENING ACROSS WESTERN PARTS OF CENTRAL INDIANA...BEFORE QUICKLY SPREADING ACROSS ALL OF CENTRAL INDIANA BY MIDNIGHT. SNOW WILL TAPER OFF BY LATE SATURDAY MORNING.
My full forecast on WDRB News at 4 pm, 6:30 pm, and 10 pm! I will also have a blog at 8 pm.
It is winter storm season and if you want to be one of my storm spotters, you can join me on my facebook or twitter page. Just follow the link below and click "like" or "follow".
If you ever have any question, please remember I can be reached on facebook or twitter easily! Just follow the link below to my facebook or twitter page and click "LIKE/FOLLOW"!